WEBCAST - September 4, 2013
Above is the recording of the webcast. (Note: The video large file size, it may take a minute to start streaming.)
Right mouse click this link and select 'SAVE LINK AS' if you would like to download the video.
(Note: The video file is large, so it could take some time to download.)
Slow connection? You can also download or stream just the audio portion of the webcast.
Click here to listen to the audio only (or right moust click, select 'Save Link As' to save the Mp3 to your computer.)
Click here to view CAPTION TEXT (HTML- Caption Text captured from webcast today)
A Regional In-Person Seminar and Simulcast Webcast
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Region II
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office on Women’s Health (OWH)
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
9:00 AM – 12:00 noon EST
Jacob Javits Federal Building
26 Federal Plaza (Broadway between Duane and Worth Streets)
6th Floor Conference Center, Rooms A & B
New York, NY 10278
In anticipation of World Suicide Prevention Day, this In-person Seminar and Simulcast Webcast will provide presentations on the latest release of the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention, community best and promising practices in suicide prevention, and specialized training in Q, P, R - Question, Persuade, and Refer--an evidence-based tool for gatekeepers on the warning signs of suicide.
Mr. Dennis O. Romero, M.A., SAMHSA Regional Administrator, HHS Region II
|9:05-9:15||Goal of World Suicide Prevention Day Seminar and Webinar: Ms. Sandra Bennett-Pagan, LCSW, Regional Women’s Health Coordinator, HHS Region II OASH Office on Women’s Health|
|9:15-9:35||Overview of the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention, 2012 Report of the US Surgeon General and the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention: Mr. Dennis Romero, MA, Regional Administrator, HHS SAMHSA Region II|
|9:35-10:20||State and Community Best and Promising Practices
|10:20-10:25||Questions and Answers|
|10:25-11:45||Training on Q P R - Question, Persuade, and Refer, An Evidence-Based Tool on the warning signs of suicide
|11:45-11:55||Questions and Answers|
|11:55-12:00||Closing Remarks – Mr. Dennis Romero and Ms. Sandra Bennett-Pagan|
- Alexander Glebocki
- Ketsia Delarosa-Torres
- Miriam Steinberg
- Dennis O. Romero
- Sandra Bennett-Pagan
- Dr Silvia Giliotti
- Tina Atherall
- Bennett-Pagan - Intro World Suicide Prevention Day
- Romero - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Steinberg - Comunilife
- Delarosa Torres - NY Foundling
- Glebocki - NJ Suicide Prevention Activities CY2012-13
- Atherall - Hope for the warriors
- Giliotti - QPR
Participants, representing federal, state, and local government agencies, community-based and faith-based organizations, and stakeholders, who address suicide prevention for youth, adults, uniformed officers, veterans and other populations at-risk, are invited to attend, with particular emphasis on those from the HHS Region II jurisdictions of New York and New Jersey.
- This In-Person Seminar and Webcast are provided free of charge. There is no registration fee.
- There is a separate Registration Form for each venue.
- Due to space limitations, kindly select only the In-Person Seminar or the Webcast in order to maximize attendance. Please do not select both.
- To register, please visit:
Meeting Registration | Webcast Registration (Note: Please do not register for both)
- You will receive a confirmation that you are registered for either the In-Person Seminar or Webinar.
To Attend the In-Person Seminar , please follow the instructions below:
Travel Directions by Mass-Transit:
- Brooklyn Bridge/ City Hall: 4,5,6 Trains
- Chambers Street: J,Z Trains
- Chambers Street: A,C Trains
Entrance to Jacob Javits Federal Building, 26 Federal Plaza, NY, NY:
- Enter Federal Building at the Visitor’s Entrance on Broadway between Duane and Worth Streets Inform the security guard as to where you are going.
- Have government issued photo ID and a copy of this program announcement available to show security.
- Be prepared to go through the security check process.
- Take any elevator bank to the 6th Floor – Conference Center.
To Attend the Webcast , please follow the instructions below:
- Check your computer compatibility
- Go to the webcast page on the day of the webinar starting at 9 am ET.
For Further Information or Questions: